16 replies to this topic

#1 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 11 January 2015 - 03:09 PM

Weird Japanese game I downloaded the other day. Akiba's Trip/ Akiba Strip takes place in Akihabara, the otaku mecca in Tokyo. You play as one of those hyper nerds who gets turned into a vampire or half vampire like Wesley Snipes. I dunno. You're also a familiar to a different kind of vampire immortal, and it gets a little murky after that.

The draw of this weird ass Japanese game is to root out and fight the other vampires who are attacking nerds in Akihabara. How do you do that? By beating the shit out of their clothes and ripping them off so the sunlight will burn them away.

Yeah. Beat em up and strip em down. Maids? Yup. Gothic lolitas? Yup. Catgirls? Oh sweet fuck yup! But my favorite type of enemy? The privileged skank.

This is a simple, simple game with an transparent motive and cliche storyline. Honest to God, you could guess the story right now and probably be close to correct. The characters are anime stock, but God damn if the little sister and busty onee-san aren't too cute.

Also, main girl's voice is done by Senjogahara from Bakemono. That made me more than a little happy.

Akibas-Trip-2-Strip-Act-PV.jpg

The main character even has a dress break ability like Isse from Highschool DxD. Hentai.akibas-trip-nanashi.jpg

Is it a great game? No. Good game? Probably. I can't think of too many of my friends who could play this game in earnest. But fans of anime, manga, and old games will enjoy the humor. The dialog is pretty damn funny, and most of your dialog choices come from old games or anime tropes. 'Well excuuuuuse me, princess,' comes to mind.Or, 'My long lost sister!' The combat is meh and the graphics are sub par, but the premise is funny as shit.

Akibas-Trip-2_2013_10-28-13_009.jpg

Lookie, that weird DS game we were talking about not too long ago. There's ads for real world Japanese stuff everywhere in the game. I don't know what maid cafes do, though. I don't get an EXP boost like from old operating systems and male hug pillows. Seriously, the consumable items are weird as shit.

ElectricSevereKatydid.gif

My first novel, Seeds of Magic- Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo, Sony Store

#2 Big_Willie_Styles

Big_Willie_Styles

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • LocationInside my mind

Posted 11 January 2015 - 03:19 PM

Isn't Akiba slang for something really naughty?

"The Curious Task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."

#3 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 04:49 PM

Isn't Akiba slang for something really naughty?

Akiba-kei, a slang term for the Akihabara district of Chiyoda, which is basically the nerd paradise of Japan.

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#4 Big_Willie_Styles

Big_Willie_Styles

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • LocationInside my mind

Posted 11 January 2015 - 05:44 PM

Akiba-kei, a slang term for the Akihabara district of Chiyoda, which is basically the nerd paradise of Japan.

That word comes up in the perverted corners of Japanese culture quite a lot, to the point that I know it has to be shorthand for something.

"The Curious Task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."

#5 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 05:48 PM

It's used as an insult somewhat commonly.

LL1Yc5i.gif

#6 Big_Willie_Styles

Big_Willie_Styles

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • LocationInside my mind

Posted 11 January 2015 - 05:56 PM

It's used as an insult somewhat commonly.

Ah.  So that one scene in that one anime makes a lot more sense now.

#7 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:54 PM

Also, I should probably mention I've been playing this lately. Trying to get the main character to wear a dress. Not for any perverted reasons, but so far the highest defence clothing I've gotten is a dress. >.>

LL1Yc5i.gif

#8 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 12 January 2015 - 11:03 PM

Also, I should probably mention I've been playing this lately. Trying to get the main character to wear a dress. Not for any perverted reasons, but so far the highest defence clothing I've gotten is a dress. >.>

Hehehe, me too. All of the tee shirts in my inventory had defenses of 10 and 12, while the frilly skirts all had 30s. By the time I could cross dress, my cargo pants and windbreaker were powered up.

Also, the English voice acting is off putting. I put it on Japanese when I started, but yesterday a buddy started a file and left it on English. The little sister, who is probably about 14 and in middle school, has the deep voice of a middle aged smoker. And I don't like Brosif as much as nii-nii.

#9 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 11:13 PM

I had this boss t-shirt with like 70 defence, but managed to get molested by a female police officer (what the fuck why are they so strong) so I lost it. :(

Also, I really like the English voice acting. Shizuku sounds fucking sexy. She will be my waifu.

LL1Yc5i.gif

#10 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 09:58 PM

Bumping as I've been playing the past few days. Beat the game and started NG+ on... I forget which mode, the toughest difficulty though. So either Otaku or Gamer. I love how I can change my appearance now, so I get to run around as generic NPC girl in my 872-powered gothic lolita dress. And even with that, most enemies can hit for 1000+ damage, I love it.

A guide I read said not to do sidequests on the top difficulty because they're bullshit hard, but fuck it. Perfect run incoming. 

LL1Yc5i.gif

#11 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 21 March 2015 - 10:34 PM

I should get around to beating that game one of these days. Seriously, I think the last game I finished was Farcry 3, like, two years ago. Last of Us, GTA, Child of Light, Dying Light, Monster Hunter. I'm at the last mission on almost all of these games.

Also, I love that otaku is a difficulty setting, because it is in life.

#12 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 10:26 PM

Almost a month later, I wield the platinum trophy for Akiba's Trip. I think I found an exploit though, not sure. I geared Tohko (last remaining true route I needed) up in 999 gear, including a 999 Izayoi Oboro, and... she doles out mad punishment. Like, I have the same weapon and I hit for about 900-1000 per hit. Tohko was doing 5000+. Not sure how or why, but it made the final boss fight easy peasy.

I did get unbelievably frustrated with hunting down the ad flyers though. Just such an irritating thing to have to do. That and shopping at all stores in the game were probably the worst ones, even moreso than the bullshit final fight of the battle arena.

Now onto my next project, Mind = Zero.

LL1Yc5i.gif

#13 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 21 April 2015 - 03:48 AM

I saw this on special today. Was $20. Was going to get it but opted for Pokemon HeartGold instead.

Not much good Vita games coming out as of late. I still have yet to get Danganronpa 2. 

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#14 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 06:42 AM

Honestly, I think the Vita has a better game library than the 3DS does. I've had mine for about 6 months and I'm certain it's had more use than my 3DS.

LL1Yc5i.gif

#15 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 22 April 2015 - 12:03 AM

Honestly, I think the Vita has a better game library than the 3DS does. I've had mine for about 6 months and I'm certain it's had more use than my 3DS.

Not too sure at this point. Still discovering the 3DS library. I've had my vita for almost 2 years now? Had my 2DS since Xmas. 

Definitely spent hundreds of hours on my baby. I'm currently on my 3rd playthrough of Persona 4. The sole reason why I bought this console :)

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#16 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 07:19 AM

I really need to go back to Persona 4, I played it almost to completion but then decided I wanted to make a new PSN account so I did that, of course losing the progress.

LL1Yc5i.gif

#17 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 22 April 2015 - 08:39 PM

Persona 4 is definitely worth finishing. I like the ending better than 3, although I liked the characters in 3 better.

Also, this:

That was number 57. Someone made 56 more of these before this one, and probably more. I didn't check.

Also, also, anyone else pumped for Persona 5? I was late to the first four and am a little excited to play this one fresh. I played almost all of the Shin Megumi from 2012 to 2013 and just got around to the Personas when they came out on the PlayStation network.

Bucho best girl.

mitsurubathrobe.jpg?672cfe

We should have a topic for that.