#1 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:41 AM

Hahaha I love the concept of the 'Friend Zone'

Not actually being in it. But I laugh at the idea. 

I must admit that a few years ago I would hang out with girls clinging on to the hope of coitus only to be told that I am like a little brother to them......... So what you're saying is that you like to fuck your brother??????

I laugh every time a girl tries to shun me into the 'friend zone' corner, and yes, it happens ALOT. Even to this day.

e6f.jpg

Ok so like the other day I was invited to a particular girls 21st (friends younger sister) where she lives literally 5 hours away  (hence the above picture utilized) expecting me to drop everything and prance along like a sissy ninny. Me being me I just flat out said, "nah, fuck that too far, too poor" (which is actually true)

I know I disappointed her because she didn't reply. But honey you can't expect me to bust my ass for you with no end result. Call me a pig, but I aint no bitch boy. Oh I should probably mention that she has a mans.

I kinda barely know her and only hung out with her while her brother was around. I saw her FB profile and laughed at the many dudes in her friend zone photos, I thought to myself, "Hah!!! Fuck those tools, I don't wanna end up like them fools." I aint gonna end up like a bloody trophy of your conquests. This aint 2007 Rob anymore bub.

Am I overreacting? Probably! But she has already made it clear that she wants to hang out with me AS A FRIEND. lol Honey you are attractive but I aint no accessory toy. 

NOW NF TELL ME YOUR FRIEND ZONE STORIES!!!!

I actually really want to hear them..... GO!!!!!!!

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#2 Guest_ElatedOwl_*

Guest_ElatedOwl_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:55 AM

But she has already made it clear that she wants to hang out with me AS A FRIEND.

I don't get it, what's the problem? It's one thing to lead someone on but if they're not I really don't see the issue.

inb4 I sound like a white knight but people aren't sex vending machines where you put in enough nice tokens and get sex out of it.

how to not get friendzoned

1. make your intentions clear
  2. if they don't want whatever you want (relationship, FWB) either deal with it or bail

#3 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 11 December 2014 - 12:05 PM

She's not even a friend of mine. In fact, she barely knows me. 

#4 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 12:05 PM

Personally, I don't enjoy the idea "friend zone" because it makes it seem like people are only good for sex, as "friend zone" is made out to be an end-of-the-line failure-type scenario. Honestly, I'de rather have more friends than sexual encounters.

more OT: I don't get friend zoned because I'm not sexually attracted to other people. I'm never really going after sex in the first place, so being relegated to the "friend zone" is alright with me.

That being said, most of my relationships were just random chicks who liked my personality [and usually cash at the time], and they would always fall through when they realize /I/ didn't like them like /that/.

kinda a reverse friend zone

#5 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 11 December 2014 - 12:08 PM

It's not really a girl exclusive thing. I know guys who do it also. I'm pretty sure I've done something similar in the past. (I swear I only hung out with this one girl in primary because she had Pokemon Ruby and I had Sapphire) TRADING BUDDIES!!!!!

#6 Guest_ElatedOwl_*

Guest_ElatedOwl_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2014 - 12:08 PM

She's not even a friend of mine. In fact, she barely knows me. 

how dare that bitch invite you to her 21st

the nerve i swear

#7 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 11 December 2014 - 12:11 PM

how dare that bitch invite you to her 21st

the nerve i swear

It's not really that, it's more "why?"

Sure I've been friendly to her but in no way have I initiated anything further even wanting to be friends. 

#8 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 11 December 2014 - 01:35 PM

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

I'm leaving that in because my cat tried to post on the forum.

Friendzone doesn't exist. People aren't fuck receptacles. Something about dudebros and fedoras, etc.

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#9 BloodPrince 2.0

BloodPrince 2.0

Megabyte

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 02:43 PM

I've only ever done 'friendzoning' myself so yeah.. I hate how buttsore and whiny people get when I've done that normally.
Oh gosh, come to think of it I kinda just did that last night. It was so awkward, I swear. I mean there's this person on tumblr who I really admire, and they're (physically female but go by nonbinary pronouns) really cute, asexual, and fucking taller than me to boot, but jeez I've only known them for maybe two weeks or something at most. And even then we've barely ever talked.. I cannot even. Ugh I got so awkward when they told me they have a crush on me. How do you even deal with it when you look up to someone and then this happens? Someone kill me before I die of embarrassment.
“The exchange went unnoticed by the world, just one
other of many exchanges between a multitude of
strangers, acquaintances, friends, or enemies all around.”

#10 seakingtheonixpected

seakingtheonixpected

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 986 posts
  • LocationSomewhere beyond the sea

Posted 11 December 2014 - 04:11 PM

I have to agree with everyone else, I have never once witnessed a 'friendzoning' that I would consider legitimate. It is always out of some sort of entitlement that the guy things he hold over the woman just because he spend some time with her or something.

No one owes you anything if you do something for them, unless you specifically entered into an agreement that they understand.

#11 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 11 December 2014 - 04:29 PM

Mom once told me something when I hit puberty that I think is probably true. A girl instinctively decides within the first five minutes of meeting you whether or not you would be a good father for her children. That is just the way animals are programed, whether it's the flamboyant peacock or the female hyena with her fake dick.

The problem is, humans aren't animals anymore. We decide things through reason, not purely instinct. We like to pretend that there's not an order to things, that we can control everything, even our feelings and emotions. This leads us to believe we can control others just the same. In the end, every single living person is the protagonist in their own story. You're the only person who can read your own thoughts and feelings. And it's difficult to convey them to someone else, almost as hard as it is to read another's thoughts and feelings.

The friendzone is just another name for rejection. People rejected become bitter and probably take it out on others in other sections of their life. Some men and women do use it for their own means, although these people cannot be labeled as quality humans. I won't say I haven't, because I can think of two times in the past year that I probably have. It wasn't outright harmful or malicious, but it happened.

ElectricSevereKatydid.gif

My first novel, Seeds of Magic- Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo, Sony Store

#12 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:31 PM

I got into my friend's zone, now we're engaged

Not really what we're talking about, but still.

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#13 seakingtheonixpected

seakingtheonixpected

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 986 posts
  • LocationSomewhere beyond the sea

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:39 PM

I got into my friend's zone, now we're engaged

Not really what we're talking about, but still.

Bow chicka wow wow

#14 Silver_rose

Silver_rose

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 936 posts
  • LocationLoading...

Posted 11 December 2014 - 06:48 PM

For all of you naysayers for the friendzone - I disagree, it exists.
Have you read The Ladder Theory? While it's crudely written in the supposed to be humorous fashion as Urban Dictionary, it's methodology seems quite sound.

http://www.laddertheory.com/

Even if you don't agree with the theory, there are always certain levels of attraction, it gets to a point when you are so unattracted to a person you dislike them. (or it's the other way around, I don't think the two are mutually exclusive).

As for my friendzone story: I don't really have any, I've been told many times "I only like you as a friend". But I consider that to be a ploy to let me down gently. I have noticed that my friends do friendzone potential suitors, but usually out of sheer dislike of saying anything that might clarify the relationship, hurting the person getting the clarification, my friends end up still getting trinkets and the males wanting to do things for them. In those instances I feel my friends are pussies and the guys, while sweet, idiots for pursuing, 'cause god forbid, it's too fucking hard to just act like and adult and say "I'm just not as into you as you are into me".

Because I can...

#15 Sophientis

Sophientis

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationInside my room

Posted 11 December 2014 - 06:49 PM

Is it possible to be friendzoned by a guy..Or is just a girl thing..?

tumblr_n98h1pNiU71qkw2uho1_500.gif

#16 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 11 December 2014 - 07:56 PM

Is it possible to be friendzoned by a guy..Or is just a girl thing..?

It's possible. Not one of my prouder stories, though. Next part first:

For all of you naysayers for the friendzone - I disagree, it exists.
Have you read The Ladder Theory? While it's crudely written in the supposed to be humorous fashion as Urban Dictionary, it's methodology seems quite sound.

http://www.laddertheory.com/

Even if you don't agree with the theory, there are always certain levels of attraction, it gets to a point when you are so unattracted to a person you dislike them. (or it's the other way around, I don't think the two are mutually exclusive).

I have never heard of this before, but as far as the men's side of things go, it is 100% accurate. Of course, I can't speak for every single straight man, but so far as my normal friends and me go, this is how things work.  My more, ahh, socially strange friends would claim that they look past a woman and only see her as a friend, but it's all bull shit.

Anyway, my story. I had a friend named Kay. We'd known each other for a long time, ten years or so. In that time, I only saw her as a friend. The whole time.

You see, back then I was painfully shy and couldn't so much as talk to girls in anything other than a platonic way. The ladder system above was still in place, but I couldn't make a move. I was chicken shit, when it comes down to it.

Kay, on the other hand, was a social girl. Bluntly put, home girl was a bit of a slut. Two guys at a time, slut. She got around, even back in high school.

Kay pretty much stayed the same. Party girl through college. She told me stories, like guy friends would do. I have plenty of trust issues even nowadays, and it was much worse back then.

This is taking too long for little results. Last year, while over at Kay's, we were watching a movie, platonicly. I wanna stress that. Although she was attractive, I never saw us together. She didn't agree with that estimation. On the couch, mid film, she reaches over and starts massaging my dick through my pants.

What did the adult, super cool me do? I awkwardly left and didn't talk to her for a week. Why would she do that? Kay isn't the sort to have long term things, and she damn well knew that I didn't do the causal thing.

A week or so after the movie, this zombie game came out on the xbox. We were both excited about it since a while before, but it was too awkward to go over and play it with her, so I hung out at a male buddy's house and downloaded it there, trying to figure out what to do. This buddy is shit where girls are concerned, so I didn't even bother.

In the end, we both tried to meet in the middle. From September to the beginning of October, we were something. We didn't go to the movies anymore and only hung out on the weekend. It was awkward and fun and I don't know what the hell she was thinking.

Good God this turned into a long one. We broke up after I was a dick. I didn't see her again until February, and I haven't seen her since then. Friendship was ruined by sex. That's the moral. I think my reasons for friendzoning her were different from most guys, but we do it too.

ElectricSevereKatydid.gif

My first novel, Seeds of Magic- Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo, Sony Store

#17 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:11 PM

I have never had this problem.

I have this weird thing where I speak, and people want to have sex with me.

Or at the very least perform some heavy petting.

In all seriousness though, I am incredible.

Just kidding, or are I?

I have never been friends with a girl who I wanted to romance who I didn't end up romancing.

Wait a minute.

I think I just realised that I may have been the hot girl who friendzoned people.....

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#18 Elfie

Elfie

Goddess

• Members
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationThe land of Oz

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:33 PM

no way! Would she drive 5 hours to see you? It's sexy when I a man isn't under my thumb. I like a push. She like the attention, you make her feel special. Scrap that.

Ginger, is the spice of life

#19 Elfie

Elfie

Goddess

• Members
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationThe land of Oz

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:44 PM

I was constantly telling guys that we were just friends. It's crazy, I gave a few a chance but after being begged not to be broken up with after two weeks I stopped. And I totally feel like I could determine who I'd sleep with in 5 seconds hahaha

Ginger, is the spice of life

#20 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:13 AM

I have never had this problem.

I have this weird thing where I speak, and people want to have sex with me.

Or at the very least perform some heavy petting.

In all seriousness though, I am incredible.

Just kidding, or are I?

I have never been friends with a girl who I wanted to romance who I didn't end up romancing.

Wait a minute.

I think I just realised that I may have been the hot girl who friendzoned people.....

Ever the humble and wise one, Affray.

But we all know they just want you because of your rugged features and beard, amirite?

Lp5M62Z.gif